#4Change February Twitter Chat Topic: Cause Fatigue
This post is cross-posted from the #4Change blog here.
Running campaigns in support of one or many great causes can be very time consuming and demanding for all of those who are determined to make a change. It seems easier in the beginning when a fresh campaign for a cause is just launched – supporters are jumping on board, influencers are engaged, buzz is flying about, awareness is spreading, change is happening. But what happens when the social magic begins to wear off and change starts to feel more like a chore then a contribution?
The #4Change Topic for February is Cause Fatigue. The Twitter chat will occur on Thursday, February 11th 2010 at 5PM EST / 2PM PST US. The topic idea for this month’s chat was spawned during last month’s #4Change chat on campaigning. In keeping with the tradition of these chats, we want to keep things open, organic, and dynamic.
- temporary loss of strength and energy resulting from hard physical or mental work
- boredom resulting from overexposure to something
- the feeling of being bored by something tedious
- a flaw or weak point
- get tired of something or somebody
- exhaust or tire through overuse or great strain or stress
Source: Visual Thesaurus
#4Change February Chat Questions:
- How do you define cause fatigue?
- What are some of the contributing factors to cause fatigue?
- What strategies can be used to reinvigorate support for a cause when supporters get burned out?
- When do you expand your campaign to outreach to new supporters?
- When do you contract your campaign to focus on the supporters you do have?
- What tools can be used to keep communities engaged in the midst of cause fatigue?
- How do economic conditions effect cause fatigue?
- How can cause fatigue be prevented?
- How do you “recharge” when completely fatigued?
New to #4Change? Learn More:
To learn more about #4Change monthly twitter chat go to the #4Change Blog, read about #4Change and search twitter for #4Change. To participate just join the twitter conversation from anywhere in the world.