G+ Challenge: Vaccines-- Diverse Experts, Unexpected Ideas, Lasting Solutions
Seeking Innovative Busines Solutions for Improving Vaccine Delivery, Distribution and Development!
G+ Challenges, part of Gerson Lehrman Group, engages entrepreneurs and thought leaders to solve some of the most pressing and important issues in public health today.
G+ Challenges: Vaccines seeks to promote your innovative business ideas within the vaccine landscape by advancing your solutions towards realization.
In collaboration with IndieGoGo and StartUpHealth, G+ convened a committee of industry executives to identify priorities within the vaccine landscape whose potential solutions will provide the greatest impact to peoples’ lives. These priorities were determined through a diverse set of expert perspectives: from major life science companies, to investment firms, NGOs, medical experts, entrepreneurs and many more. Click here for the Executive Committee Summary.
Who can participate?
You can! We want experts and professionals across all industry sectors globally to submit original, early stage ideas to one or more of the question sets below appealing to Distribution, Delivery or Development. Solutions should tackle existing problems and inefficiencies in vaccine development, distribution and delivery in the field with the goal of advancing your solutions towards realization.
How to Enter:
You will be submitting your ideas through the G+ community. To begin your submission on G+, click here.
1. Submit your early-stage research or business solutions to the below questions before Thursday November 24th, by clicking here.
o Each proposed solution should include a plainly worded description of the idea, no more than 2,000 characters with spaces in length.
o The proposal should specify why you think your idea has potential to be successful.
2. You will be notified by December 8th if the Executive Group selects your business idea as one of the top 20 eligible for funding through IndieGoGo’s platform.
3. The first five ideas to receive $5,000 in funding, or the five highest earners by January 20th, whichever comes first, will work with Startup Health to polish their ideas, pitches and business models for a G+ Demo Day Conference in early 2012.
4. At the G+ Demo Day Conference, the five finalists will have the opportunity to present their business ideas to an audience of financial service, corporate, life science and NGO professionals, with the influence to advance those ideas towards realization.
There are several qualities on which your submissions will be judged. The first step will consist of screening submissions to ensure the proposal addresses the key points described in the relevant question set (either Development, Distribution or Delivery in the Field).
• Topic Responsiveness – How well does the proposal articulate the key needs through the chosen question sets (either Development, Distribution or Delivery in the Field)?
• Originality – Does your idea offer an unconventional, creative approach to the problem (either Development, Distribution or Delivery in the Field)?
• Impact – To what degree does your idea have the potential to create meaningful change in the Development, Distribution or Point-of-Care models at work today?
• Viability – Does your idea have the potential to be structured and implemented in a functional way? G+ Challenges is subject to the G+ Challenges Terms & Conditions available here
G+ Challenges is subject to the G+ Challenges Terms & Conditions available here