JOB POSTING: Associate Product Manager, Volunteer Platform
Associate Product Manager
(Exempt, Full Time)
Can you imagine yourself connecting resources from Fortune 500 companies to the nonprofit sector? If so, help us launch a new social enterprise and make an impact on a global scale!
TechSoup Global (TSG) is seeking an Associate Product Manager to help lead the development of a major new volunteering platform. The volunteering platform is an inaugural endeavor—you’ll be in on the ground floor to help develop, become the product expert and roll it out across the nonprofit sector.
- Leading the agile development process for this new platform
- Understanding and representing the needs of NGOs, company partners, and employees
- Working directly with TSG partners to build user stories
- Engaging with developers to deliver solutions rapidly and iteratively
- Participating in cross-functional design workshops to hone the platform
- Demonstrating the platform to prospective partners
- Helping to strategize regarding product direction
Furthermore, as an Associate Product Manager, you will:
- Work closely with product development to create products and validate early product definitions with customers.
- Use your technical expertise and extensive industry experience to formulate product strategies and identify new opportunities.
- Provide in-depth analysis of market position to create and expand the product and solution alternatives; be responsible for developing TSG project plans designed to address customer needs and/or expand market share.
This role will give you the potential to contribute your knowledge and energy throughout the program and our enterprise. Beyond your specific identified duties, you are joining an organization that shifts and adapts to new challenges—you will be called upon to participate with other teams or with other ventures as the opportunity arises.
This Position is located in San Francisco.
Education and Experience:
We are looking for potential as much as experience. The ideal candidate will have these attributes:
- 2-5 years product development experience from a technology related field
- Software engineering degree or equivalent experience
- Experience with agile methodologies, including running sprint planning, sprint retrospective and backlog grooming sessions
- Experience with lean methodologies
- Enthusiastic, flexible, calm and curious
- You can see the big picture but are also able to dive into details
- Collaborative working style and a good eye for design
- An exceptional communicator that is comfortable interacting with diverse technical and non-technical groups, spanning all organizational levels
- Organized and deadline driven to maintain a high standard of performance
Why work for TechSoup Global?
TechSoup Global is working towards the day when every nonprofit and social benefit organization on the planet has the technology resources and knowledge it needs to operate at its full potential.
TechSoup Global, a 501(c) (3) nonprofit, was founded in 1987 on the belief that technology is a powerful enabler for social change. Since that day, we've assembled a worldwide network of individuals and organizations that share this conviction. This network includes foundations and corporations, governments and NGOs, social entrepreneurs and volunteers. Together, these unlikely allies have developed sustainable, community‐driven technology solutions to meet today's most urgent social challenges.
A guiding principle in our work is that NGOs are agents of change, not beneficiaries of aid. Our efforts are focused on creating sustainable communities, in which all participants are contributors, not on the redistribution of resources from the haves to the have‐nots. We believe that all participants have resources that, brought to bear on a problem, can result in real solutions. This currency of contribution underwrites all of our work.
Today, TechSoup Global has 200 employees, an annual operating budget of $27 million, and operates programs in Africa, the Americas, Asia, and Europe through a network of independent, capacity-building NGOs. With support of leading technology companies, including Microsoft, Adobe, Cisco, and Symantec, TechSoup Global and its network have reached more than 152,000 organizations, distributed 7.9 million software and hardware product donations, and enabled recipients to save more than US$2.6 billion in IT expenses.
Apply to and/or circulate this link: http://techsoup.theresumator.com/apply/sH1UHX/Associate-Product-Manager.html