NpTech Tag Summary: 10 x 10 Ten NpTech Tagged Items About Social Media and Nonprofits That You Can Check Out in Ten Minutes
Want to listen on Twitter? Use Tweetscan and type in key words. Don't forget to add the search tool.
1. What's the nonprofit chatter that is happening right now on Twitter? Go do a search on Tweetscan and find out. (I found this link via the 501 (c) Files here is Oprah's hopelessly misguided take on giving.) And, be sure to add the search toolbar to your browser.
2. Win $10,000 DonateNow Mashup Challenge at NetSquared. Okay, building the mash up will probably take you longer than ten minutes, but $10,000. Hurry the deadline is May 19th to submit your idea.
3. Ben Rigby of Mobile Voter, and the folks from Rock the Vote have just written a new book, Mobilizing Generation 2.0: A Practical uide to Using Web 2.0 Technologies to Recruit, Organize and Engage Youth. On a related note, see Allison Fine's Social Citizen's Report commissioned by the Case Foundation.
4. Two items grabbed from the NTEN Blog .. Lauren-Glenn Davitian's "Be the Media -- Free Speech Unfurled" guest post on NTEN blog. Chris Brogan is doing an expert session over at NTEN. The session itself is longer than ten minutes, but well worth it.
6. If you already have a presence on MySpace, check this out - causes has just launched an application at MySpace. Who has installed it? What are the results?
7. Despite a DOS attack this week on SlideShare, a couple of nonprofit techies managed to upload slide shows. Check out Joe Solomon's slides about how to use social media to build relationships.
8. Nonprofit Tech Blog points to a new report from United Nations Foundation and The Vodafone Group Foundation, "Wireless Technology for Social Change: Trends in NGO Mobile Use."
9. Circleup is a social messaging application that allows nonprofits to communicate and collaborate with groups. It's promotional literature says it fills the gap between one-on-one messaging and large e-mail marketing newsletters and it works on IM networks and Facebook. My visceral reaction is - oh great - more incoming messaging to ignore.
10. Ever wanted to be a curator? The Brooklyn Museum is seeking a more diverse group of people to evaluate the photographs submitted for a crowd curated exhibition called Click.
11. Who is the nonprofit techie dancing around in the racoon costume?
Now, if only this took me ten minutes to write!