[Net2 Portland] Getting People to Click DONATE on Your Nonprofit Website
Portland’s PDXtech4good recently invited Mazarine Treyz, founder of Wild Woman Fundraising to share her fundraising secrets.
Mazarine showed us how to start getting donations on your nonprofit website, how to take our donors up the ladder of engagement, and how we’ll be able to prove to them that we are trustworthy, and that our mission truly makes a difference.
PDXtech4good also learned how to get more donors to sign up for our email newsletter using social media AND on our website, and, finally, the right words to help people to open our emails and get on with donating to our cause!
Check out the event’s slides and bonus downloads below
- Steps 1–10 in the ladder of engagement
- How to collect emails with social media
- 3 ways to collect addresses on your website
- 4 ways to use social proof to help people donate
- 22 Key words to make donors open your emails
- 5 Key Survey questions to help you reach your donors
- Buying mailing lists: What questions you MUST ask, to save you money and time.
- Stupendous donate pages: How to get people to go through your donate page and buy
- Google Heatmap Diagram
- 5 step worksheet for your ladder of engagement
- Problem to Solution grid to help you write to your customers
- Slides and presentation notes
Visit Wild Woman Fundraising’s site to download all the event goodies.
About the presenter
Mazarine Treyz is the founder of Wild Social Media and Wild Woman Fundraising and the author of The Wild Woman’s Guide to Social Media, given 5 stars by Nonprofits.About.com in 2013.
Mazarine has been blogging since 1999, and has made a living through online income since 2009. Her nonprofit blog has over 31,000 monthly readers. She has created 4 Apps and sold her first book all over the world, from Tasmania to Finland.
Ms. Treyz has taught hundreds of national and international nonprofits how to use social media since 2009. Check out her website: http://wildwomanfundraising.com.
Previous speaking engagements include: IRS/SBA, University of Portland Nonprofit Management Program, City of Austin,BigAustin (nonprofit small business incubator in Austin, Texas), The Schleroderma Foundation Leadership Conference, Meals on Wheels National, YNPN, and many more.