NetSquared Event Roundup for February and March 2014
Every month NetSquared volunteers hold free or low cost educational events for people and organizations who want to use technology for social good. With 50 groups in 20 countries there’s probably a Net2Local group near you (but if there isn’t we’d love to help you start a new meetup.) :-)
Ever wanted to discover the art of transmedia? Or determine if Office 365 is right for your organization? How about learn ways to use technology to make better events? This is just a taste of the events being held this month by NetSquared chapters. Don’t be shy - come join us!
Tuesday, February 18
- Victoria, Canada: The Art of Transmedia Storytelling: Creating Story Worlds Across Platforms
- Abidjan, Ivory Coast: Abidjan NetSquared Meetup Group Monthly Meetup
- Washington, DC: Top Five Tips - Leveraging Technology for Social Good
Wednesday, February 19
- Research Triangle, NC: What’s on your Dashboard?
Thursday, February 20
- Toronto, Canada: Office 365 Lunch and Learn
- Naples, FL: WordPress Walk-In-Clinic
- Traverse City, MI: February Meetup
Saturday, February 22
- Wellington, New Zealand: Engage Your Community unConference
Monday, February 24
- Vancouver, Canada: Let’s Party! How to Create a Buzz-Worthy Event
Tuesday, February 25
Wednesday, February 26
Sunday, March 2
- Ouagadougou, Burkina Faso: Second Meeting of local members
Monday, March 3
- Guatemala: Visita del Cluster de TICs de Chiapas Mexico
Tuesday, March 4
- Vancouver, Canada: Lean Startup Principles for Nonprofits
- Naples, FL: NFN4Good Tech Club for SWFL
- Victoria, Canada: Online Advertising and Web Analytics
Wednesday, March 5
- Portland, OR: Web Experience Management: Why Your Website is More than a Website
- Allegheny, PA: Bagels & Bytes
- Saskatoon, Canada: Social Innovation YXE
Thursday, March 6
- Baltimore, MD: March Tech & Social Change Meetup
Tuesday, March 11
- Toronto, Canada: Social Media Surgery: Hands on social media advice & help
- Houston, TX: Monthly Net2 Meetup
- Guayaquil, Ecuador: Monthly Net2 Meetup
- Westmoreland, PA: Bagels & Bytes
Wednesday, March 12
- Cambridge, United Kingdom: Social Media Surgery - hands on help with social media
- Washington, DC: Nonprofit Generator - Accessing ideas for social benefit technology apps
What’s NetSquared Doing?
What have Net2Local groups been up to recently? Check out the blog to keep on top of the gossip from our community.
- Bagels & Bytes discussed the Windows XP Migration; File Transfer & Cloud Storage; Donor Management Databases and more at their February meeting.
- Open Houston and The City of Houston drafted a group of volunteer designers, writers and data scientists to streamline the local government’s communication strategy. Discover their story with NetSquared Houston.
- Our San Francisco team shows you how to master storytelling for social good with Burt Herman, co-founder of Storify.
- Philly’s NetSquared recorded their quarterly Crowdsourcing Change event, where the audience shares their expertise with local nonprofits.
That’s all for now. See you soon!
Photo Credit: Chrispine Ochieng Okumu