NetSquared January update
I'm looking forward to supporting your local community activism in 2013 and I'm delighted to welcome new members to the NetSquared local organizer team. In fact, I received more than five new organizer applications over the holidays and several inactive groups including Seattle and Montreal are also planning to re-launch. Let's use the new year to commit to holding frequent NetSquared local events and if you know anyone who might be a good prospect for launching a new group please refer them to me, Elijah van der Giessen email@example.com
Here's an update on our latest activity:
Highlights from the NetSquared community blog
The NetSquared community blog is alive again! We welcome your contributions. Use the blog to promote your upcoming events, share your nonprofit tech thoughts, or show off (don't be shy!) with highlights from your meet-ups. We welcome your blog posts, photos, storifys, videos and more!
Top posts from December:
- NetSquared organizer Tierney Smith shares lessons learned from NetSquared Camp Toronto.
- TechSoup's Jim Lynch reports on last year's NetSquared Camps on the community blog.
- NetSquared Camp Downunder unleashed the power of a four-city event.
- Keep abreast of social change and philanthropy in Asia and Africa with Tiffany Pintor's weekly recaps of the top stories.
- We offer tips on what makes an ideal submission for the Windows 8 Apps for Social Good Contest
We have improved the local organizer map to make the pins bigger and easier to navigate.
The local organizer profile pages have been fixed and now show your city and link to your group pages.
Windows 8 Apps for Social Good Contest
The Windows 8 Apps for Social Good Contest invites both new and seasoned developers to create an app for “social good” – and you could win cash prizes to help fuel your dream and keep it going! The deadline for submitting a project is February 28th. Have a look at the contest page to find out how to enter. The contest is open to pre-existing applications, so if you know of a Windows 8 or Windows Phone 8 app that meets our definition of social good please encourage the developer to register.
Note: the contest is only open to residents of the USA. But anyone can vote and share!
So far 14 events have been scheduled in January, with several still in gestation. Are you planning an event that didn't make it onto this list? Let me know!
- Denver, CO: Engaging Stakeholders with Interactive Annual Reports
- New York: Make Your Nonprofit More Efficient with the Best Cloud-Based Tools
- Vancouver, BC: Tablets, Smartphones, iPads, iPhones: Gadgets for Good?
- New Orleans, LA: Resolution Solutions PLUS the First Crowdfunding Festival for Creators
- Philadelphia, PA: Making Your Website Mobile-Friendly: What, How and Why
- Boston, MA: Mass Innovation Nights
- Guatemala: #CampusTec: Informe de visita a Silicon Valley
- Honolulu, HI: Hacking for good nights
- Toronto, ON: Tech trends of 2013 and what your nonprofit needs to know
- Washington, DC: What's on the Horizon for 2013 - Panel Discussion
- Morrisville, NC: Data Mapping with Google and Wordpress
- Melbourne, Australia: Growing netsquared in 2013
- Paris, France: Comment sortir des énergies carbonées et fissiles?
- Auckland, New Zealand: TBA
Image: JUAN RAMON RODRIGUEZ SOSA on Flickr.