A new course on mHealth Basics is now available on the USAID Global Health eLearning Center.
This course, mHealth Basics: Introduction to Mobile Technology for Health, is a self-paced three-hour eLearning course that provides an introduction to the emerging field of mHealth and an overview of best practices for mHealth solution development. The focus of the course is on mHealth applications commonly used in developing country contexts. The course covers the definition of mHealth, its potential uses, benefits and limitations as well as various applications in developing countries. The course also covers preliminary conclusions of mHealth evidence and describes recommended best practices of mHealth solution planning, design, monitoring and evaluation, scale-up and sustainability. Resources for additional information about mHealth are also included.
The objectives of this course include:
- Define mHealth and its relationship to eHealth and ICT
- Explain the importance of mHealth
- Explain potential benefits and limitations of mHealth
- Describe the mobile devices and features commonly used in mHealth in low-resource settings
- Describe the six types of mHealth applications
- Describe preliminary conclusions from the evidence on mHealth
- Describe recommended best practices for each phase of mHealth solution development
- Identify examples of best practices in mHealth solution development scenarios
- Identify and obtain resources for additional information about mHealth
http://web2icm.wordpress.com/wp-includes/js/tinymce/themes/advanced/skin...); background-color: transparent; background-position: 100% 0%; background-repeat: no-repeat no-repeat;" title="More..." />