[New Orleans] Net2No May Recap + June MiniBar Announcement
An update from NetSquared New Orlean's team.
Event Announcement Things:
1 Million Cups - every weds morning @ 9 at Launch Pad http://neworleans.sites.1millioncups.com/
The Irish House - Our Hosts - @IrishHouseNOLA
- Trivia Nights, Every Wednesday at 7pm (in the same space we are in)
- FIlm Screening of “Indie Game: The Movie” - in conjunction with NOLA Game Developers Group. Friday, May 23rd at Burgundy Picture House. Cards with more info at the front table.
- BarCampNOLA in July -- if Tritico can get some help organizing. If anyone is interested or would like to know more about what is involved, drop an email to email@example.com with questions or for more info.
GNOCode first Thursday of every month - http://www.meetup.com/gnocode/
- OurSocialTribune.com - a new curated, continuing ed resource hub for social media managers. get directly into the beta with oursocialtribune.com/meganbeta
- Hacknight - Every Tuesday, 7pm at Launchpad - http://www.meetup.com/nolahacknight/ (Just be sure to save the first Tuesday of the month for Net2NO)
National Day of Civic Hacking: The City of New Orleans in partnership with the White House Climate Data Initiative, Intel’s Code for Good, and Esri is holding a “techarrette” or technical design charrette to answer critical questions for the development of a crowdsourcing platform for the scoring of property conditions. To find out more please visit: http://hackforchange.org/events/new-orleans-tech-charrette/ You can also watch the announcement here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pfe5oRdsCp0#t=2625
If you take photos, please feel free to upload them to the meetup page. We love pics!
June 3rd - same place (the irish house), same time (6 to 9 pm)
RSVP + Mark your Cal: http://www.meetup.com/net2no/events/181521422/
- Big recruiting event, as announced via 504ward with Globalstar. They are looking for tech talent. Check out the list, and get your name entered if interested before May 14th. Responses will be sent by the 20th and interviews conducted on May 27th. https://www.formstack.com/forms/?1736860-jIGnqf9VF7
- Algiers Charter School Association is looking for a Communications Manager; for more info or to apply, send a resume, cover letter and links to previous work to Forrest Collins, Executive Director of Engagement, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Got something to add?
Mosey over to the Net2No Discussion forum and add your events, jobs etc.
Thanks to The Irish House for their continued hospitality at the Net2No host venue!
Adele, Megan & Bryan