NOW HIRING: Product Portfolio Manager, TechSoup Websites
Do you want to use your skills to make a difference in the world? `
Are you interested in working with fun, creative, talented people who feel passionate about the world’s nonprofits and the missions they fulfill?
Are you curious to discover new ways that technology and resources can strengthen communities?
Would your ideal work environment be one in which people's ideas and hands-on contributions are welcomed and encouraged?
Are you looking for the energy and fast pace of a technology startup with a deeper purpose?
TechSoup Global is seeking an experienced Product & Portfolio Manager with proven record, who can help envision, build and manage the future of the TechSoup platform. This position will include the management of an entire portfolio of TechSoup Global internal and external facing applications including web properties for its existing technology platform and for a newly emerging platform. Please respond to this opportunity, if you are:
• A solid product management leader, capable of managing multiple web properties, while charting future strategy and new platform development
• Well organized and superb at developing, documenting, maintaining and communicating the product roadmap
• Adept at translating business vision into deployed product strategies
• Have the ability to design and implement global solutions
• Enthusiastic, flexible, calm and curious – can see the big picture but also be able to dive into details
• An exceptional communicator that is comfortable interacting with diverse technical and non-technical groups, spanning all organizational levels
• Dedicated to a superior user experience and uncompromising as an honest advocate for the customer with the ability to influence others and promote continuous improvement
• Committed to setting and successfully meeting deadlines while fostering a collaborative work dynamic across all-levels of staff and other stakeholders such as the members of a diverse, global Partner NGO Network, a set of diverse Technology Donors and Providers, and a community of users interested in nonprofit tech for good.
• A hands on leader, and a team player who is comfortable working in a distributed environment
• Confident, with the ability to project authority when needed.
Education and Experience
• This is a senior level position seeking BS in Software Engineering or equivalent, with 10+ years’ experience or equivalent, MS or MBA preferred
• Demonstrate substantial experience and proven track record in
o developing/managing global web products, technologies and/or platforms
o exceptional leadership in developing product roadmaps, product plans, and detailed specifications into software architecture, project plans, status reports, and budgets – strong sense of accountability and ownership for end-to-end implementation of product lifecycles
• Experience in product development methodologies, and ability in managing dynamic projects that compete for resources and priorities
• Working knowledge of multiple development methodologies with the ability to use the correct tool for the situation
• Demonstrated substantial experience leading cross-functional teams (e.g., development, creative, production, and editorial resources)
• Ability to manage risk and dependencies to plan and execute migration strategies for legacy systems to new development platforms
This description is a summary of the typical functions of the job, not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all possible job responsibilities, tasks, and duties associated with the position. Further, the description does not constitute a contract between the employee and employer, and the organization maintains the right to change the job duties for this position at its discretion.
· Employ enterprise class methodologies to document and support proper development and design with the ability to drive adoption of improvements
· Prioritize the right projects and programs: guiding decision-makers to strategically prioritize, plan, and control enterprise portfolios.
· Ensure the organization continuously improves productivity and on-time delivery - adding value, strengthening performance, and ultimately adding to bottom-line results.
· Eliminate surprises: formal portfolio project oversight provides managers and executives with a process to identify potential problems earlier in the project lifecycle, and the visibility to take corrective action as early as possible.
· Manage changing priorities in the business portfolio and react to market changes appropriately.
· Ensure informed decisions and governance: by bringing together all project collaborators, data points, and processes in a single, integrated solution, a unified view of project, program.
· Understand future resource needs: align the right resources to the right projects at the right time, individual resources are fully leveraged, requirements are clearly understood
• Communicate with Program Owners to help prioritize platform development
This Position is located in San Francisco.
Why work for TechSoup Global?
TechSoup Global is working towards the day when every nonprofit and social benefit organization on the planet has the technology resources and knowledge it needs to operate at its full potential.
TechSoup Global, a 501(c)(3) nonprofit, was founded in 1987 on the belief that technology is a powerful enabler for social change. Since that day, we've assembled a worldwide network of individuals and organizations that share this conviction. This network includes foundations and corporations, governments and NGOs, social entrepreneurs and volunteers. Together, these unlikely allies have developed sustainable, community‐driven technology solutions to meet today's most urgent social challenges.
A guiding principle in our work is that NGOs are agents of change, not beneficiaries of aid. Our efforts are focused on creating sustainable communities, in which all participants are contributors, not on the redistribution of resources from the haves to the have‐nots. We believe that all participants have resources that, brought to bear on a problem, can result in real solutions. This currency of contribution underwrites all of our work.
Today, TechSoup Global has 200 employees, an annual operating budget of $27 million, and operates programs in Africa, the Americas, Asia, and Europe through a network of independent, capacity-building NGOs. With support of leading technology companies, including Microsoft, Adobe, Cisco, and Symantec, TechSoup Global and its network have reached more than 152,000 organizations, distributed 7.9 million software and hardware product donations, and enabled recipients to save more than US$2.6 billion in IT expenses.
Our other programs include NetSquared, an ambitious global experiment that empowers individuals at the local level to build and share innovative solutions to social problems. Today, the NetSquared community has tremendous reach, with more than 30,000 members and local events in 87 cities around the world.
TechSoup Global combined operations with GuideStar International, a U.K.-registered charity that promotes transparency and civil society organization (CSO) reporting.
In November 2008, the Council on Foundations selected TechSoup Global to design and host an equivalency determination information repository, now known as NGOsource. TechSoup Global was chosen in part because of its extensive international network and proven ability to offer eligibility verification services. In partnership with the Council, we are currently developing this new web-based service.