TechSoup Online Event going on NOW on Digital Storytelling: Using Technology to Create and Share Powerful Stories
This discussion is going on NOW today and tomorrow only at http://www.techsoup.org/fb/index.cfm?fuseaction=forums.showSingleForum&f...
(note: This online event is over. This is a link to the TechSoup emerging technology discussion forums.)
It's a fascinating topic, so I hope to see you there! Don't be shy, drop by the forum and ask any question you may have about the topic of Digital Storytelling.
See you there!
Digital Storytelling: Using Technology to Create and Share Powerful Stories
What digital storytelling is, and how you can use it tell your nonprofit's story March 28-29, TechSoup's Community forums at http://www.techsoup.org/fb/index.cfm?fuseaction=forums.showSingleForum&f...
FREE; No registration required
Have a story you want to tell? Digital stories are being used by nonprofits, schools, and political activists to share experiences, voice concerns, and rally support for causes. In this two-day online event, you'll learn how to create a story and where you can share it with others.
Topics will include:
* An introduction to digital storytelling.
* The importance of storytelling: Individual narratives in marketing, communication, education, and advocacy.
* Literacy and technology: How digital storytelling helps foster digital literacy, media literacy, and the democratic nature of the Web.
* The role of video in digital storytelling.
* Technical specs for digital storytelling: What it takes to run a digital storytelling program, from hardware to software.
* Key components of a digital story.
* Tools you can use to tell your story on a budget, including high-tech versus low-tech storytelling.
* How to publish your digital stories: What to do with those stories once they're made, from posting them on Web sites to hosting public screenings.
This asynchronous (not live) event will take place in TechSoup's Digital Divide Forum March 28 and 29. Topics will be discussed via forums posts and will not include a vocal component. If you are interested in participating in our Digital Storytelling event, please just jump in and join the discussion - no registration is required. Each event topic will be discussed in a separate message-board thread.
Hosted by Daniel Weinshenker and Andrea Spagat of the Center for Digital Storytelling (www.storycenter.org), a nonprofit training, project development, and research organization dedicated to assisting people in using digital media to tell meaningful stories from their lives.