Are you a Software Development Manager with a desire to make a huge difference in how nonprofits and NGO's use technology to better the world? Technology you helped design?
Please consider how your genius in technology and love of managing successful developers can change the world. Be a leader on our TechOps Team, developing our Product Donation engineering team in implementing critical enhancements to our Product Donation systems.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
In this role, you will manage a team of developers who maintain and support our MS Commerce Server platform and other integrated product platforms, while you help us build new integration points.
· Assist in planning and implementing new features and enhancements to our product donation platform, including understanding features of the technology and exploring high-level solutions with stakeholders at all levels.
· Actively participate in agile planning, scrum, demonstration and retrospective meetings.
· Supervise development tasks such as software design, prototyping, coding, trouble shooting, system configuration and unit testing product features.
· Establish realistic estimates while ensuring that projects remain on track to meet deadlines.
· Develop a stellar software engineering team. Provide leadership, set team policies, coach and mentor the team, have weekly 1:1 meetings and resolve conflicts.
· Troubleshoot production problems, including allocating team resources to ensure timely resolution of any problems.
Must have managed a Microsoft SharePoint implementation team using systems development methodologies.
· Experience in an integrated multi-platform environment.
· Must have strong demonstrated teamwork skills and flexible work hours.
· Must be self-motivated, have the ability to multi-task and have a flexible and positive attitude.
· Able to manage resources across different internal and cross-organizational groups to get things done.
· An ideal candidate will have experience working with blogs, forums, social sharing, mobile, web analytics and SEO/SEM and accessibility issues.
· 6+ years of hands-on software development experience with the latest Microsoft software development tools.
· Demonstrated experience with SharePoint, .Net, ASP.NET, XML, SOAP, Web Services, SQL Server, Windows Server, including experience developing web parts, feature, solution packages, work-flows, templates, page layouts and master pagers.
· 2+ years of experience with an eCommerce platform, ideally MS Commerce Server 2007.
· 2+ years of management experience, managing a team using an Agile methodology, preferably Scrum.
· B.S. in Engineering or Computer Science or equivalent experience.
· Exquisite attention to detail.
This opportunity is in San Francisco, but working remotely is a possibility.
Why work for TechSoup Global?
TechSoup Global is working towards the day when every nonprofit and social benefit organization on the planet has the technology resources and knowledge it needs to operate at its full potential.
TechSoup Global, a 501(c) (3) nonprofit, was founded in 1987 on the belief that technology is a powerful enabler for social change. Since that day, we've assembled a worldwide network of individuals and organizations that share this conviction. This network includes foundations and corporations, governments and NGOs, social entrepreneurs and volunteers. Together, these unlikely allies have developed sustainable, community‐driven technology solutions to meet today's most urgent social challenges.
A guiding principle in our work is that NGOs are agents of change, not beneficiaries of aid. Our efforts are focused on creating sustainable communities, in which all participants are contributors. We believe that all participants have resources that, brought to bear on a problem, can result in real solutions. This currency of contribution underwrites all of our work.
Today, TechSoup Global has 200 employees, an annual operating budget of $27 million, and operates programs in Africa, the Americas, Asia, and Europe through a network of independent, capacity-building NGOs. With support of leading technology companies, including Microsoft, Adobe, Cisco, and Symantec, TechSoup Global and its network have reached more than 152,000 organizations, distributed 7.9 million software and hardware product donations, and enabled recipients to save more than US$2.6 billion in IT expenses.