Announcement of the 2012 Global Leadership Council
We are very excited to announce the members of the 2012 Global Leadership Council:
- April Kyle, San Francisco, California, USA
- Aysegul Guzel, Istanbul, Turkey
- Eduardo Bejar, Guayaquil, Eduador
- Eli van der Giessen, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
- Ivan Boothe, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
- John Wells, Sydney, Australia
- Maria Zaghi, Guatemala City, Guatemala
- Steven Flower, Manchester, United Kingdom
- Tierney Smith, Toronto, Canada
- Yudi Emmanuel, Abidjan, Cote d’Ivoire
Congratulations and welcome! This inspiring group of NetSquared Local leaders will work together to help us improve NetSquared programs and services. We cannot wait to see what ideas and solutions surface over this coming year.
Meet the 2012 Global Leadership Council members, say welcome, and connect with those in your location.
As mentioned in our previous posts (here and here), Global Leadership Council members will share their experiences and expertise in ways that help to foster programing, events, and growth associated with the NetSquared Local groups. The Council will also help to identify current capabilities of Local groups, what works and where there are hurdles to improve support, program design, and other desired capabilities of the Local groups and community.
To ensure that the Global Leadership Council is appropriately supported and that all information is communicated to the NetSquared community at-large, the following members of the NetSquared team will part of the support team:
- Billy Bicket, Senior Director, Meet Billy
- Marc Manashil, Community Evangelist, Meet Marc
- Claire Sale, Community Curator, Meet Claire
- Anka Kuliberda, Global Community Builder, Meet Anka
- Vanessa Rhinesmith, GLC Organizer, Meet Vanessa
We held our inaugural meeting on Friday, January 20, 2012 with a discussion that centered around participation norms, member and NetSquared expecatations, and a conversation about challenges and opportunities of NetSquared. Stay tuned for a complete wrap up of the call later this week.
In the meantime, stay connected by:
• Following and participate the conversation on Twitter using #net2glc
• Reading the NetSquared blog for reflections from the GLC members
• Sending me, Vanessa, NetSquared Local topics for the GLC to address