What's NetSquared Up To in May?
Here’s your monthly update from the world of NetSquared Local. I’m going to blow your mind by sharing some stats and our May events. Read on!
What is NetSquared Local?
Net2 Local is TSG’s volunteer-driven network of nonprofit tech meetups and salons.
NetSquared Local groups hold monthly offline events for anyone interested in the connection of technology and social impact. They offer an opportunity to convene locally to share ideas, learn from one another and collaborate on projects for real world impact.
How big is the NetSquared Local community?
In the last year we’ve extended our reach as follows:
#of active groups: 48
#of events held: 385
#of tickets RSVPed: 7155
#of countries with active groups: 20
#of NetSquared meetup members: 17,590
In April we launched or re-launched groups in the following cities:
Digital Storytelling Challenge
NetSquared organizers were jazzed by the Digital Storytelling Challenge. They collaborated with the TechSoup Global team to bring events into their communities.
- Ten Net2 groups held Digital Storytelling events in their community, with an estimated 360 attendees.
- Eight of the eleven cities in the digital storytelling global tweet chat were led by Net2 local organizers.
Highlights from the NetSquared community blog
NetSquared Local organizers are bringing together their communities to do amazing things and have inspiring discussions. Here are some highlights that they’ve shared from their April events.
- Philadelphia’s Net Tuesday livestreamed a talk by Amy Sample Ward on building a multi-channel campaign
- A panel of four digital storytelling experts came together at Net Tuesday Vancouver to share the secrets of online communications
- TechSoup Taiwan and Greenpeace Talked Email Marketing at Net Tuesday Taipei
- Melbourne, Australia invited Etsy in to talk about B-corps
- Abbotsford, Canada offered an introduction to crowdfunding for nonprofits
- Portland, OR’s pdxtech4good shared the secrets of using internet and smartphone tools to engage & support volunteers
- Marvel at the amazing Prezi presentation from Seattle WA’s Convening Community through Story event
- Puzzle through the The Future of Education: Learning, Teaching and Technology with video from Burlington, VT.
- Net Tuesday Toronto offers Tales & Tips From Our First “Social Media Surgery”
A total of 34 events were held in April. So far 20 events have been scheduled for May, so we’re on pace for another very busy month.
- Adelaide, Australia: Adelaide HootUp with HootSuite, Yelp and #socadl
- Vancouver, BC
- Denver, CO: May 21 The “Why” and “How” of Fundraising Data
- Portland, OR: Mini Sessions from Locals Who Presented at 2013 Nonprofit Technology Conference
- Toronto, ON: Measuring & Engaging your Email List
- Boston, MA: Beth Kanter Webinar - Measuring the Networked Nonprofit
- Philadelphia, PA: Crowdsourcing Change: Applying the Social Web to Important Philly Nonprofits
- Seattle, WA: May Mixer
- Baltimore, MD: May Tech & Social Change Meetup: Website Redesigns
- New Orleans, LA: Networking Happy Hour + Going Away Event for One of Our Own @ Booty’s
- New York, NY: Anatomy of an Engagement Campaign
- Johannesburg, South Africa: Open Data for Non-Profits - an Introduction
- Paris, France: “CRITICAL MASS” – Film - “Une Masse Critique”
- Houston, TEX: How Can We Use the City of Houston’s Open Data to Do More Good?
- Wellington, New Zealand: 5 + 5 in 5 social media sharing session: #net2welly May meetup
- Manchester, UK
Image adapted from original photo by Dunechaser, creative commons licensed on Flickr.